Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

my art book covers...still a bit to do on them...




Hello my AFFs! Hope you all had a good weekend...they do seem to fuel me when I have enough "home" time to just stitch and whatever! Anyway...my covers...still a bit to do on them. As I posted earlier...these have been a joy to work on...kind of let loose and just did what seemed right. The binding on my book pages is the lacing from a vintage corset that was left over at an auction...couldn't see letting it go to the garbage so grabbed it with no purpose in mind...and lo and behold...the lacings for my book pages!!! Yea!
The top pix is my back cover..."The True Me" and the other one the front..."My Alter Self". I thought the two would be significantly different but when I got a bit into them, the creative edges between the two blurred a bit...to my surprise and joy!!!

Anyway ladies, thanks for the fun.

axel

3 comments:

Denise said...

Axel - I love your work! I can't wait to see them in person so I can get the up close & personal look-see! The corset parts sure add a touch of uniqueness. Looks like a lot of interesting baubles to tell your story:)

JodyC said...

WOW, very nice cover. It is going to be so much fun to see all of these covers in person.

Kathi said...

Sweet covers! Love them. REALLY like the corsett eyelets.