Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wellllll...are we going to make it in time for the retreat?

Hello AFFs!!  Well, are we going to make it in time for the retreat?  Here is the deal, I say that we give it the ole' college try but in keeping with our "stress-free" attitude in our great creative association, if it is just not going to happen and we are worrying toooo much, just bring what you have finished and we will still have a grand reveal with whatever we have.  Then you can go home, finish up whatever needs finishing, post pix here and mail it off to mama (owner of the book).   I know these are busy times for all of us.  Just give it a try.

Then, when we are all finished we can decide if there is to be round two...Jody had made the suggestion that we do altered books.  After the retreat we can revisit and discuss.  I, for one, love our creative group and the freedom it has allowed and would love it if we just continue on in the same manner until our hands and eyes give out.  Just think of the creative times we have ahead! 

Also, if along the way we think we want to add another AFF to the group I think it might be allowed but we just don't want the group to get too large or to be any problem for any of us to handle...remember...no stress.  Just thoughts here.  We will discuss more after the retreat.

Can hardly wait, my AFFs!!!!

Colleen

3 comments:

Kathi said...

I will be done with Nicki's in-the-mail-as-we-speak block.
I am in for a next round and agree more is fine but must be relaxed and reliable like us!

JodyC said...

I think we will make it, I believe I've planned my time to finish.

As I've been setting up and working in my space, I've been putting altered art book stuff together as ideas for the next project.

I would love to do an altered book rr, but I also like the idea of an altered art challenge.

I like this group and would prefer not to add too many people.

Colleen Anderson said...

I prefer our little group also...think we all work well together and don't have to worry about our projects...I was just thinking of Charlyn King...ToRyAm...she is so creative. I am certainly quite happy if we don't add anyone though.

I will be finished in time for the retreat...can hardly wait for our reveal!

Jody, thanks for taking charge of the next project...love that we do these things together.