Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jody's book

Hello AFFs! Jody's book is so fabulous...the work Kathi and Nicki have done is lovely and I was sooooo intimidated! I just had to leave the book on my work table for a very long time until I got up my nerve. I think the part I was most intimidated about was...what new technique to use! I just couldn't get past it. Finally, after many months, I have finished my pages for this very creative book. Once I finally got into it I ended up just doing what felt right and didn't worry about the technique. The finished product feels very like me but I, sadly, did not use any new techniques in the making of my pages. I did learn to use lutradur though, thanks to Jody.
This is my front cover~I love dots, stripes and lace. Does this dot fabric look familiar, Kathi?

The back of my page is actually made from a pieced vest I made back in 2001. I had no idea how to free-motion machine quilt then but I tried it anyway! I guess I was doing CQ back then and didn't know what it was! Jody, your book is very creative...you will love it.
I am really looking forward to our reveal at the retreat!
axel




3 comments:

JodyC said...

Colleen!!! WOW WOW WOW...love it. I can't wait to see and touch these books in person. Creative way to include a "tag". If you couldn't tell, I LOVE to include tags.

NickiLee said...

How cool and so much like you Colleen!

I agree - these books are fabulous!!!! We have got to make plans for a big reveal party!

Kathi said...

Looks great! Love all the personality! These books are going to be awesome!